Sweet Potato Breakfast Boat
Being a mom trains me to be more efficient in time management. I have to learn to meal prep in a short amount of time without compromising flavor and nutrition.
One thing that really helps me do this is by having almost the same produce every week (this makes it easier for us to grocery shop too.
Breakfast in our household is usually avocado toast, yogurt bowl, oats, and almond pancakes. If my husband is working out in the morning, I make a simple breakfast for myself. And the combination of eggs and sweet potato never fails. It’s tasty and satisfying. Each time I have them for breakfast, I rarely reach out for my “snack pack.”
If you’re short in time, this sweet potato breakfast boat is right for you.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1-2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 T of cottage cheese
- Chives, chopped
- Clean the sweet potato under running water. Using a produce scrub, thoroughly clean it and then pat dry.
- Using a fork, pierce the sweet potato about five to six times.
- Place the sweet potato in the microwave and cook for 5-8 minutes until the desired ‘softness’ is achieved.
- While the sweet potato is in the microwave, prepare your egg mixture.
- Beat the eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the olive oil and pour in the eggs. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, sliced it in half (lengthwise). Place the scrambled eggs between the sweet potato and then top it with cottage cheese and chives. Enjoy!