Easy Egg Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
I used to view salads as bland, boring, and only for those who are very strict in cutting back on their caloric intake. It wasn’t until I experimented with different ingredients that I get to appreciate salads, not just as a side dish but as the main course.
This egg salad recipe is perfect for those who are on a rush and don’t have plenty of time in making a fancy meal.
This is a complete meal in itself as it has the carbs (from the fruits and greens), fat (avocado and olive oil), and protein (nuts and egg).
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach (can be replaced with kale or romaine lettuce)
- a handful of grapes, halved
- 1 strawberry, chopped
- 3 pieces of sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of nuts (I used slivered almonds)
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
For the vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3-5 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the vinaigrette.
- For the dressing, whisk the ingredients in a bowl until you achieve a smooth consistency and desired taste.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of your salad. If you’re making this for your meal later, save the dressing and only drizzle it once you’re ready to eat.